Thursday, January 14, 2010

We were surrounded....

This is the field behind our backyard. (No they weren't here for us)
They hung out for 3 hours. Our tax dollars put to good use.
Yes, it was LOUD!
Taking off.
So 10 days ago, Jess came home to this in our backyard. He came up and asked me what was going on. I had no idea. Turns out some guy shot and killed a cop in a different county, and found his car to a few blocks from our house. Then everyone went into lock down mode. I had to take Logan to the doctor for his 1 week checkup. Just as I was about to leave, the helicopter landed in the field behind us. It took off when I got back. We had the older kids out there to watch. We took pictures. How often do you get that close to a helicopter? They were excited. As for us parents, we were a little intimidated about the whole situation, and stayed inside the rest of the day. Unfortunately, the guy was never found in Salt Lake that day. The cops, swat teams and everyone else eventually left. That night was a little bit harder to sleep. Luckily they caught the two bad guys (that's what we called them for Kaylee to understand) the next morning in southern Utah. I am glad that we didn't live closer to the excitement, and I feel blessed that we were all watched over in this area. The cops and swat teams were out there forever in the freezing cold. I am thankful that we are protected by these guys. They really do deserve some more credit. Here is to a less eventful new year!

No comments: