So while we were down in Cedar to see my family and watch Dad and Melissa run the marathon, my family gave me a surprise baby shower. This was totally unexpected. But also a very pleasant surprise. I had never been given a baby shower. It had been a long day. I was heading back into town from visiting my in-laws. Before I had gone out there, I had Kaylee, James, Van, and Kate for a while. Kate was with me only for an hour, but I had Van for 5 hours before I headed out. I thought it was strange that Melissa had left him with me for the second day in a row for a few hours. The kids were great, but I was worn out. By the time I was heading back to my parents house, I was ready to bathe the kids and get them to bed. I walked into a house full of people and all of these decorations. I am sure I looked lovely. Ha ha. An exhausted Mom at the end of the day is always a great look. It was fun to see everyone together, and just have fun visiting. Dad took all of the kids while the Moms had fun. James has some seperation issues and visited me a couple of times to open gifts, until some of my nieces on Jess's side took him. It was a wonderful night full of good food, laughter, and friendship. Thank you to my family for all of the hard work. That is why Melissa was gone so much. She went all out with the decorations. It could have been a wedding reception a few people commented. Wonderful job to my family, and thank you everyone for the lovely gifts too!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Surprise Baby Shower
So while we were down in Cedar to see my family and watch Dad and Melissa run the marathon, my family gave me a surprise baby shower. This was totally unexpected. But also a very pleasant surprise. I had never been given a baby shower. It had been a long day. I was heading back into town from visiting my in-laws. Before I had gone out there, I had Kaylee, James, Van, and Kate for a while. Kate was with me only for an hour, but I had Van for 5 hours before I headed out. I thought it was strange that Melissa had left him with me for the second day in a row for a few hours. The kids were great, but I was worn out. By the time I was heading back to my parents house, I was ready to bathe the kids and get them to bed. I walked into a house full of people and all of these decorations. I am sure I looked lovely. Ha ha. An exhausted Mom at the end of the day is always a great look. It was fun to see everyone together, and just have fun visiting. Dad took all of the kids while the Moms had fun. James has some seperation issues and visited me a couple of times to open gifts, until some of my nieces on Jess's side took him. It was a wonderful night full of good food, laughter, and friendship. Thank you to my family for all of the hard work. That is why Melissa was gone so much. She went all out with the decorations. It could have been a wedding reception a few people commented. Wonderful job to my family, and thank you everyone for the lovely gifts too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment