So I will back up a little bit. When we first bought this house, off of the sidewalk was just dirt and weeds. We had heard bits and pieces of a future project through the last couple of years. Little did we know that we had to mow the weeds to a certain height each week. We even bought a used lawn mower for this purpose only. I started making phone calls last summer because I was tired of mowing weeds and looking at an eyesore when I looked out our big window. Through quite a few messages and phone calls we finally got the answer that the city would come and construct the curb and gutter, and pave our back alley way too. We were excited. We waited forever. Then our project moved down the list, the contractor backed out, you know every other excuse too. Then finally this spring things started moving. We were informed that it would be a two week project. It turned into a two month project. They had to dig up the road on both sides to dig a storm drain. It took a week to dig the first hole. 6 a.m. came early each day to the sound and vibration of backhoes, trucks, and everything else. It was fun to watch the progress, and James loved watching the machinery out the window each day. We had to fight to get sod. On the condition we had to install a sprinkler system, we finally got grass. Next spring we are supposed to get trees along the street too. Overall, it looks so much better. A lot of grass to mow. But I would rather mow grass over weeds any day.
Friday, October 16, 2009
The Two Month Headache
So I will back up a little bit. When we first bought this house, off of the sidewalk was just dirt and weeds. We had heard bits and pieces of a future project through the last couple of years. Little did we know that we had to mow the weeds to a certain height each week. We even bought a used lawn mower for this purpose only. I started making phone calls last summer because I was tired of mowing weeds and looking at an eyesore when I looked out our big window. Through quite a few messages and phone calls we finally got the answer that the city would come and construct the curb and gutter, and pave our back alley way too. We were excited. We waited forever. Then our project moved down the list, the contractor backed out, you know every other excuse too. Then finally this spring things started moving. We were informed that it would be a two week project. It turned into a two month project. They had to dig up the road on both sides to dig a storm drain. It took a week to dig the first hole. 6 a.m. came early each day to the sound and vibration of backhoes, trucks, and everything else. It was fun to watch the progress, and James loved watching the machinery out the window each day. We had to fight to get sod. On the condition we had to install a sprinkler system, we finally got grass. Next spring we are supposed to get trees along the street too. Overall, it looks so much better. A lot of grass to mow. But I would rather mow grass over weeds any day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment