Friday, December 4, 2009

Kaylee is growing up too fast....

I can't believe that she will be 5 in a few months. These last few years have really flown by. There are some things I want to write down so I can remember them for later.

Kaylee is 43 inches tall and 37 pounds. She is tall for her age, but super skinny too.

She is too smart for her own good. We have to keep her busy with learning activities and projects. She is always wanting to learn new things. Everyday she asks me how to spell new words so that she can write letters to random people.

Kaylee memorizes commercials. She told my mom the other day that she could send her gold watch in the mail for money. Got to love cash for gold.

She loves to play outside on the swing set and sandbox. She almost needs that outside alone time. One day after she played in the sandbox, she came in and asked me why Heavenly Father and Jesus left her on this Earth. I explained her that we all chose to come her to be tested and to try and do our best. She seemed to accept the answer, and went back outside. She can be a deep thinker sometimes.

Kaylee and James are finally getting along for the most part, and I think they enjoy each others' company.

She is very excited for Christmas and can't wait to open presents. She called my mom the other day and asked her to come back up and bring her more presents. I caught her in the act, and we had a nice little chat after she hung up the phone. She immediately asked if she could call grandma back. She thanked my mom for her presents, and apologized for asking for more, and then said she loved her.

Kaylee is a little girl full of energy and life. She might not hold still in Primary or actually anywhere for very long, but that is just Kaylee. She has a great imagination, always making up stories with names of characters and towns. She is adventurous and is usually jumping off of something. She always keeps us on our toes, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Kaylee made us a little family of three, and love having her here.

No comments: