Monday, April 13, 2009

Why Does Traveling = Sick Kids?

James nap start time 11 a.m.
Still napping at 4 p.m.
Sleeping on her favorite sleeping bag and pillow at Grandma and Grandpa's.
Kaylee likes to pretend she is a dog. She puts a leash on her shirt and loops it to the doorknob. Too tired to play though, so she made a little bed and hung out on the floor.

It seems like every time we head down to Cedar City, the kids are sick or get sick at the beginning of the trip. James had a terrible ear infection for Christmas, and he was teething for our family get together in January. So it never fails that the kids got sick the first full day we were here. Kaylee woke up with a cold. So we ran to the store for some medicine. James got sick later on that afternoon. He is so congested and the fact that he has two molars coming in right now doesn't help. I forgot how fun it is to get up one or two times a night to comfort the poor sick child. He seems to be on the mend now. He just woke up from a 5 hour nap. That would have nothing to do with waking up at 5 a.m. and not falling back asleep until 8 a.m. He was so miserable. We did have some fun this weekend though.

Jess and I got to go out to dinner with his family for his sister's birthday. I don't think we have ever done that before. It was a lot of fun. Thank you Breann and Grandma for watching the kids. Sorry James was so ornery because I forgot his sippy cup and Tylenol. Good thing you guys had lots of ice cream.

Kaylee got to go to the movies with Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen, and Daddy and Mommy. Monsters vs. Aliens was a pretty cute show. This was Kaylee's first time to the theatre and she did really good. Thanks again Breann, Grandma Bills and everyone else who watched James for us. At least this time I remembered the sippy cup, blanket, and Tylenol for him.

Thanks to both of our families for the wonderful meals of food, and more food. I am still stuffed. Thanks for all of the funny new adventures and memories.

Thanks Mom for letting us add more to the medicine cabinet. We now have children's Advil, children's cold medicine, baby Vick's rub, baby Tylenol, diaper rash cream, and the new addition the brain sucker (nasal aspirator). I think you are stocked up for all of our traveling mishaps now Mom!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I'm sorry the kids get sick, that's not good! I'm glad we got to see you at Conference though, what a pleasant surprise! And your house is way cute!

Anonymous said...

I hate traveling with sick kids.