Tuesday, March 15, 2011

6 years ago....

Kaylee's mermaid cake. The store ran out of gum drops and Swedish fish. So I improvised.

Had to one of Logan. He was laughing at the flash, so he was squinting his eyes. Funny boy.


6 years ago today, our sweet, strong willed Kaylee was born. It is amazing how fast time flies. It makes me feel older that I have a 6 year old. She got to bring cupcakes to class, and they gave her a crown.

Where do I even start with Kaylee. She is still a sponge. She counts past 100, and then by fives. She is picking up reading so fast. And she still gets bored fast. We still have to keep her occupied. Her teacher has even noticed this from the beginning of the school year, and gives her extra projects in class to keep her busy. Kaylee has a very independent personality and we are still working on our common ground quite often. But she also has her very sweet moments mixed in there too. We love our Kaylee and look forward to see what the next 6 plus years will bring us.

Happy Birthday Kaylee Girl !!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Jami said...

Did you make the mermaid get-up out of fruit roll-ups? Ann, both cakes look awesome. I think they loved their birthdays. I can't believe how old they are!

Kristin said...

That is the coolest mermaid outfit ever! :) Way to improvise- it looks great! Happy Birthday Kaylee!