Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

My free flying girl!
My quiet, calm boy!
This Mother's Day is maybe not one to write down for the books. Today we all stayed home sick. James is teething, again. He has a nasty cough. We were up four times last night. Kaylee must have not slept well because she has been in time-out 14 times today. I am not exaggerating the number. Jess has a nasty, nasty cough that kept him up all night too. We are worn out. It is days like these, that I really appreciate the days that run smoother. I love being a Mom. Sometimes when I am going to bed, how long have I been up today? How do I keep going?
Some days, I know I do not have enough patience with my daughter. She has such a strong personality. She likes to do things by herself now. Which is fine with me. She is so smart. She knows how to write words. She painted a picture of a spider with eight legs, and raindrops, from the eensy weensy spider song. She know how to open the three locks on our main doors. She is really into talking back right now. And she likes to moan at me when I tell her "no." I am so mean I guess. I love our daughter. She is who made me a mother, and us a family of three. She is growing up so fast. I signed her up for pre-k this coming fall. I am so excited for her. She needs this extra stimulation for her mind, and someone else helping her understand how we need to continue to behave. She is our strong willed child. But that is Kaylee. She has always been that way. Hopefully she will outgrow it by the time she is in middle school. (Wishful thinking?) I love my Kaylee girl!
James is the complete opposite of his sister. I know Heavenly Father made it that way for me. He isn't walking yet. Walks along things, and is reaching now from the couch to the chair. One small step at a time. He is my little professor. He is always discovering how things work. He is learning how to work the child locks underneath the kitchen sink. He plugs and unplugs cords. He can draw on the easel. He is so full of smiles. If you ask for loves he gives big hugs and rests his head on your shoulder. James is our tenderhearted boy.
Motherhood is not easy. There is no true book to follow. Each child is so unique. I love this special blessing of being a mother. I am blessed to have two children, to have a wonderful husband, to live where we do, and to have the gospel in our lives. I am so thankful for all that I do have, and need to remember that more often. Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there !

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You are a great mother Ann! I admire how difficult it must be, yet I look forward to motherhood anxiously knowing that it is what we women are here to do! Happy Mothers Day.