Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We're Back!

These were the beautiful tulips that Jess gave me for Valentine's Day. They happened to bloom right while the kids were so sick and everything was so stressful. Perfect timing. Too bad they don't last longer, but when it gets warmer the bulbs are going to be planted in the flowerbed out front to enjoy each Spring.

So I know that I haven't updated the blog in a while. The laptop went down, and took almost 3 weeks to fix. I placed the camera somewhere where I would remember but where Kaylee wouldn't find it. Turned out I couldn't find the camera for a couple of weeks. So yesterday was a good day. James had his birthday, we got our laptop back, and I found the camera.

I know I was trying to update the blog daily for a month for glimpses of joy. I think I got a different learning experience. I really appreciate healthy kids. I think I took it for granted until both were sick in the middle of the night.

I am really thankful for my husband for taking the early morning shift for so many mornings in a row so that I could try and get some sleep. I am so thankful for all that he does for our family. I know that the economy has gone downhill. But we really are grateful that he has a job. It may not pay the best, but the insurance is so great. It kind of makes up for it.

I am thankful for our kids. They really keep me going more than ever with James almost walking. Some days are definitely harder than others, but it sure makes you appreciate the good days even more. Kaylee is so full of life. She is so stubborn, and always wanting to learn. We even have daily lessons for her to get ready for Kindergarten, just to keep her occupied. James is so calm, usually. When we take both kids to the store the screaming kid is Kaylee, and James is just sitting in the cart taking everything in. Two different dynamics in the kids, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

I am thankful for the house we live in. The house payment is perfect. The utilities aren't too bad. The location you couldn't beat. Jess's work is only 6 blocks from here. We are so close to freeway exits and entrances. We are in a downtown neighborhood, but we haven't had any problems. The street is so quiet. Everyone is so nice.

Our ward is wonderful. We have such big boundaries which is unusual for Utah. But our ward attendance is so small. You can't but help to feel needed. One family is moving out and now the need to re due the Elders Quorum presidency and Young Women's presidency. Jess and I are still Primary teachers. We have a very active class this year and they keep us hoping. But I know that we are probably in there to learn from these kids more than anything.

Not being able to use the Internet and computer as often for the past few weeks I think has put other things into perspective. I think I spent to much of what little free time I have on the computer. Without the computer, I spent more time organizing things, catching up on some reading (which I forgot I actually enjoyed reading books) and most of all spending better quality time with my kids. They really do grow up so fast.

I have found more joy this last month in the daily routine. Because I know one day the kids will be gone, and I don't want to look back and regret any of the this precious time right now. And instead of getting frustrated at some of the things that honestly I have no control over, I am working on things in my life and our household that I really can control. Like organizing the junk drawer one day, and the kids closet the next day. This may sound funny, but it is a sense of accomplishment for me, because I can see progress.

This month I have learned so much in sweet little ways. My blessing are endless, and I love the reminders. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father, my little family, parents, siblings, in-laws, and friends. There are still so many things in life to smile and laugh at. I love life.

No comments: