Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas

As you can see Kaylee was so thrilled to be woken up early

Until she saw her scooter
Mom and Jer


James could have cared less. (Picture taken by Kaylee)
We went down to Cedar for a few days to spend the holidays with our families. It was a nice trip and we enjoyed visiting with everyone. You have to overlook me in the pictures. James had an ear infection, so the first three nights were very, very long. Kaylee got a scooter and helmet from Santa, and some fun stocking things. James got a light up toolbox toy. This was the first year that Kaylee understood the Santa Clause idea. She kept saying he was going to bring her a big toy dinosaur with big batteries. She was referring to the one that was $150 that walked, lit up, and ran on a remote. But I kept reminding her that Santa is full of surprises. She loved the scooter. She also got some fun play dough from Grandma and James, so we have had lots of play dough cookies and creatures since then.
I had this ambitious idea to make pumpkin rolls for the neighbors and home teaching and visiting teaching families. Ha ha. James got sick during the middle of my project. I ended up making ten pumpkin rolls a cutting them in half. I had never made that many to hand out as gifts. I think I have seen enough pumpkin and cream cheese to last me a while though.
I am glad that we kept Christmas simple for the kids. Last year Kaylee got a tunnel play set for Christmas. I think it cost us $25. We also adopted a child on the angel tree and let Kayleee help us pick out gifts. Our ward has a retirement home that needed help too. So a list goes around, and you pick someone to help. They usually want a pair of sweats and slippers. These are our two Christmas traditions that we want to keep doing every year. It helps remind the kids and the parents what Christmas is about, and how blessed we are. Kaylee told me that we have Christmas because it's Jesus's birthday. Hopefully our focus will remain there each year.


No comments: